Competition is fierce in the world of dairy-free ice cream offerings, so it is challenging for emerging brands to differentiate themselves, and particularly hard for small brands to grab the spotlight amongst big, established players. O’MY Dairy Free Gelato, started and led by two women who have extensive experience in the CPG space, had a goal to build awareness along with distribution growth, through mainstream, online consumer coverage.
SchroderHaus leveraged existing media relationships to get samples in the hands of top tier consumer media outlets. For O’MY, tasting is believing, as it is a truly delicious, creamy gelato that tastes like…gelato…when many other products taste like the specific type of plant-based milk used in the formula. SH also touted the new product launches, two that were lower in sugar, which was a perfect fit within the consumers’ desire for less sugar in their diet. This was solely a media relations program.
- SchroderHaus secured coverage around a key drive time for the brand, achieving our goal of five national placements during ice cream season – seasonality DOES matter!
- ~4 million impressions overall, with 3.7 million impressions hitting during the key summer drive time
- ~240 million in potential digital reach.
- Other metrics:
- Seven stories featured a visual
- Six stories included a mention or link for where to buy
- Five hits included a link to the website