At the end of 2021, the functional beverage market was set to hit $46 billion in just two years, according to a study conducted by glanbia nutritionals. Rowdy Mermaid expanded its portfolio beyond Kombucha to include new Adaptonic (sparkling adaptogen tonic water) to help drive category growth and strengthen its position as a functional beverage leader. With this added innovation, Rowdy Mermaid wanted to convey the brand as much more than a beverage company, but a promise of a better future - for ourselves and the planet. The SchroderHaus team was challenged to excite retail partners and consumers with the latest splash from Rowdy Mermaid by garnering trade, local and consumer media coverage.
SchroderHaus developed a strategic new product launch campaign including the development and distribution of a press release; securing a trade exclusive; conducting targeted outreach to additional tier one trades, local and consumer media contacts with the press release and interview opportunities with the Rowdy Mermaid team; engaging the Colorado community with news from the local brand; and simple, yet effective mailer kits that would inspire coverage from consumer media experiencing the new product directly.
By implementing this comprehensive media strategy, SchroderHaus surpassed all set key performance indicators for the campaign, including:
- Secured trade exclusive with top tier trade outlet, BevNET, including an interview with Founder and CEO, Jamba Dunn
- Secured eight additional trade placements in key, relevant industry trades including FoodNavigator-USA, Beverage Digest and Brewbound
- Secured and coordinated two top-tier local stories from Denver Post and Boulder Weekly
- Distributed 21 Adaptonic kits to interested consumer and trade media, surpassing our goal of 15
- Secured four national consumer mentions from outlets like Forbes, Parade, Clean Plates and LA Weekly