In the Spring of 2022, leading U.K. tea company, Clipper Tea, relaunched in the U.S. with a packaging redesign and the introduction of three new tea flavors. Although well-established in the U.K. and other European markets, few American consumers were familiar with the brand. SchroderHaus was tasked with building brand awareness, boosting social engagement and increasing Amazon traffic to ultimately drive sales in the U.S. market.
To increase engagement and awareness for Clipper Tea’s U.S. Instagram profile, as well as adapt to Instagram’s new algorithm that prioritized REELs, the SchroderHaus team developed a strategic social media program that incorporated both Instagram REELs and collaborative giveaways into Clipper Tea’s content mix of organic and paid content. The curated content leveraged the brand’s cheeky sense of fun, on-trend flavors and seasonal moments to attract and excite consumers to try a better cuppa from Clipper Tea.
By implementing this new comprehensive social strategy, SchroderHaus surpassed all set key performance indicators for 2022, including:
- Increased Clipper Tea’s following by 50% between June and December
- Instagram average engagement rate: 49%
- Instagram average organic reach per post: 1,517
- Collaborative Instagram giveaways in Q4 resulted in almost 500 new followers, which equates to approximately 40% of followers gained during that quarter
- Clipper Tea’s top Instagram REELS achieved average engagement rates of more than 100%, including views, and over 20,000 plays
- Amazon traffic ads featuring new REELS averaged $0.19 CPC, tracking far below average industry standard of $0.94 CPC
- CPM (cost per 1,000 reached) of $2.10 on awareness ads featuring new REELS, a compelling achievement knowing industry benchmark of $4.80